[PD-dev] fixed the Pd_documentation link in http://puredata.info/docs/manuals/pd/pd-documentation

Antoine Rousseau antoine at metalu.net
Thu Dec 9 16:54:23 CET 2021

> BTW, this page (on puredata.info) is outdated. I'm not sure of the
>> correct way to update it to the latest (github) version.
>>

> this is the version you need to link to =>
> http://msp.ucsd.edu/Pd_documentation/index.htm

That's what I did; but what I'm saying is that the HTML manual that you can
read in the http://puredata.info/docs/manuals/pd/pd-documentation page is
outdated (see Chapter 4, it's still called "writing Pd objects in C"
<http://puredata.info/docs/manuals/pd/x4.htm>).
<http://puredata.info/docs/manuals/pd/x4.htm>

Also, in the latest (github) version (and the Miller's site version) of
>> index.htm, the link is
>> "http://msp.ucsd.edu/software.html", but that seems wrong (as this
>> points to the root of Miller's "software" page, not the "latest version of
>> this [documentation] page".
>>

> where exactly are you talking about?

The complete sentence is :
"The latest version of this page can be found at:
http://msp.ucsd.edu/software.html"
But http://msp.ucsd.edu/software.html is not the "latest version of this
page", but Miller's "Software" page instead (from where you can find the HTML
documentation for Pd <http://msp.ucsd.edu/Pd_documentation/index.htm>).
So I think either the link or the sentence itself should be changed.