[PD-dev] PDINSTANCE for Pd (was Re: call for discussion double-precision file extension)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Mar 30 18:07:10 CEST 2022

On 3/30/22 17:45, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> I lean much more on the side that PDINSTANCE is a low-level, per project compile option and not general-purpose. If you are using libpd, then your environment is a bit more custom anyway.

i wonder what the penalty would be to turn on PDINSTANCE on Pd?

obviously a problem with externals, but maybe we can come up with some
clever hack (under the assumption, that Pd (the app) only runs a single
instance, even if compiled with multi-instance support) to use legacy
externals - if that is even possible.

apart from that?

fgadrms
IOhannes