[PD-dev] building fluidsynth~ (was: building fluid~ on Linux)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun May 1 17:43:17 CEST 2022

for one, I'd like to use a decent keyboard GUI in the help example. I wanna
have it as part of my tutorial and I wouldn't like to make students
download it separately unless I really really have to and there's no other
way around it. I don't mind that it's kinda hard and I don't really see how
it specially makes things harder for me. Maybe a better point is "hey, what
if people just want this and none of the other 450 externals?". That's a
better point and, well, at least as it comes as separate binaries one can
just grab it.

Nonetheless, it already has a separate repository and I can see the benefit
of also having an independent version scheme and a download of its own as a
single external over there. In fact, I see that would help when packaging
ELSE as I'd just download it and paste into the latest build (I wouldn't
have to keep building fluidsynth~ every time).

cheers