[PD-dev] [leapmotion] 2.3.1 linking failure on Windows

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Tue Jan 3 21:32:13 CET 2023

To be more specific, the linker error itself is most likely caused by
name mangling differences. When you include the header file in your
project, the class/function definitions use /your /compiler's name
mangling, but the accompanying DLL has been built with /another
/compiler, using a different name mangling scheme.

Seems like there is also a C API:
https://docs.ultraleap.com/tracking-api/leapc-guide.html

> Things are of course different on windows: you generally cannot mix&match MSVC libraries with GCC binaries (and vice versa), at least if c++ is involved.
For the sake of completeness: yes, that's true for the typical case, but
there are techniques for creating binary compatible C++ interfaces. The
most prominent one is COM. Other examples that come to my mind are the
VST3 SDK or openvr SDK.