[PD-dev] multichannel signals, preliminary support

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 18:20:25 CET 2023

Em ter., 17 de jan. de 2023 às 13:21, Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu>
escreveu:

> This is possible using "-do" (distribute outputs) in which case inlet~s
> are passed in unchanged.

I see it now, I couldn't get it to work but I was trying a multichannel
input into it with [pack~]. I was trying a simple patch insted of
'straightthrough' and I just added a [+~ $1], so I'd add a value to each
channel according to the instance number. I did expect it to ignore other
channels but it didn't work and it complained that [+~] couldn't handle
multichannel. But a single input signal does really work and this is quite
cool and amazing :) really happy I can already mess with this.

> Incidentally, now I think the word "distribute" is ambiguous - does anyone
> have a better word for packing/unpacking on way in and out of clones?

fan-in/fan-out? ('fi', 'fo')

cheers