[PD-dev] multichannel signals, preliminary support

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 19:30:09 CET 2023

Em ter., 17 de jan. de 2023 às 14:54, Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu>
escreveu:

> The trouble with multichannel osc~ (etc.) is to figure out how to
> distribute
> messages setting frequency and phase, etc., to the individual copies.

not sure of the internal challenge, but I would intuitively think of a list
setting frequencies in this case (might be harder in other cases).

> In any case, I'd consider adding the possibility for the clone object to
> take the name of a primitive object (as opposed to a subpatch) - IF it's
> possible to design it well and simply.

hmmm, I actually had thought about that before this multichannel thing for
easilly creating a bank of oscillators, for instance. It could be a way for
us to also create 'mc.' versions.

> I wouldn't want to invent separate "mc~" versions of everything - that
> would be a nightmare.

+1

cheers