[PD-dev] Send~ and receive does not allow you to change name with a symbol!

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 19:56:38 CET 2023

Em ter., 17 de jan. de 2023 às 12:28, Jakob Skouborg <
syntaxerror60 at hotmail.com> escreveu:

> So was just wondering if there is a specific reason why not all of them
> offers the option to change name with a symbol?

Yes, and what exactly do you need?

> I have been using the externals ext13, but they haven’t been updated in a
> decade.

seems you need [receive] to take a receive name and you're using
[receive13] instead. If you don't like a decade old dead external, you can
use [else/receiver], which is pretty much alive.

> Is there a chance that this will be updated in the future?

If you search on github, you'll see a request to add an inlet to vanilla's
[receive] here https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/603 and a fix
was proposed here https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/604

what's in the way is this -->
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/604#issuecomment-562873572

and there are two currently active PRs that needed to be merged before to
clear out the way, they are https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/1759
and https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/1760

So, hopefully, these can be considered soon and merged and we'll see if
Vanilla can also support this, so I can also get rid of else/receiver :)

cheers