[PD-dev] multichannel signals, preliminary support

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 15:13:55 CET 2023

Em qui., 19 de jan. de 2023 às 05:04, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
escreveu:

> afaict the idea is to get rid of this abstraction altogether, and be able
> to just use
> [clone -di -s 1 dac~ 16]

yeah I guess it was pretty late and I was tired and I couldn't see how this
could actually make [dac~] get arguments from the instance number. I was
looking at the abstraction and had a hard time adapting to the new concept.

> again, i don't see why we couldn't juse use
> [clone -x -d lop~ 500]

yup, forgot about the -x flag, so yeah, [clone] would cover both cases
easily! Sorry I was thinking clearly and through. I am just rather hesitant
in believing [clone] can actually solve all the problems without any
modification :) and even now I am still insecure. But anyway, in the case
we find something in the way and it needs modification, we could have a
modified alternative with another name, that's all, but I guess I may
eventually get confident it doesn't need anything new, let me think through
and see ;)

thanks