[PD-dev] [clone] with subpatches (was Re: multichannel signals, preliminary support)

Sebastian Shader sebfumaster at aol.com
Thu Jan 19 22:42:27 CET 2023

+1 Often there is a need to replicate a [pd ] object with arguments, that is specific to the parent's use/implementation.
Patch-local 'embedded' abstractions have been mentioned as the way to achieve that in a consistent way too.

I'm not sure the 'window' dialog thing is necessary in vanilla though. Generally it's the responsibility of the author to remove any other unused objects and I'm not sure why [ab ] should be different.

2 cents on [output~]: I also agree that some kind of standardized output-volume-slider abstraction should be offered, whatever it may be.. everything else in the help files can generally be copy/pasted into actual patches and used, and it's reasonable to have a simple abstraction for help files, it's almost always desirable to have some kind of volume control before [dac~] and for authors who want to use an output limiter or something they can just not use it.. seems at least as useful as the other abstractions in /extra.