[PD-dev] pack~/unpack~ (was Re: multichannel signals, preliminary support)

Fede Cámara Halac camarafede at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 11:48:21 CET 2023

Yes, join/split would be translatable, whereas translating "snake" can be
slippery.
I do think it is amusing, btw, and slides nicely next to sigmund~ and moses.

In any case, I am really liking now that "snake~" feels like an object
family, that refers to the kind of signal,
and you can say things like "snake~ in", "snake~ out", or even "snake~
split", "snake~ join" ,
or further, "snake~ rotate/flip", "snake~ encode/decode"

On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 5:49 AM Miller Puckette via Pd-dev <
pd-dev at lists.iem.at> wrote:

> OK... now I'm hesitating between "snake~ in", "snake~ out" and "snake~ tap"
> or "join~", "split~", and "tap~"...
>
> Former is more colorful (and crowds the namespace less).  Latter might be
> easier for non-native English speakers to deal with?
>
> cheers
> Miller
>
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 01:36:24AM +0100, Christof Ressi wrote:
> > > Isn't "mux~/demux~" closest to what's actually happening?
> > Unfortunately, these are also zexy objects ;-)
> >
> > On 24.01.2023 11:52, Max wrote:
> > > Isn't "mux~/demux~" closest to what's actually happening?
> > > when "joining" two signals, I wouldn't expect them to be running in
> > > parallel but being mixed together.
> > >
> > > m.

> and
> the