Linux RPM depenancies

Michael Lechasseur mlecha at music.mcgill.ca
Wed Nov 4 18:29:28 CET 1998

> (called dll4s in Windows world).

	How did you guess? <g>

> There are different possibilities what had happened:
>
> 1) Redhat has named the libraries slightly different.
> 2) You have not installed the libraries.

2) I suspect that they're installed.  I verified that these are
installed:

  tk-8.0.2-16.i386.rpm
 tcl-8.0.2-16.i386.rpm
tclx-8.0.2-16.i386.rpm

1) possibly renamed?

from
http://www.redhat.com/linux-info/pkglist/rhl-intel/tcl-8.0.2-16.i386.html

tcl-8.0.2-16 RPM for i386

 Provides
  libtcl8.0.so

 Files < ..partial list.. >
  /usr/lib/libtcl.so
  /usr/lib/libtcl8.0.so

from
http://www.redhat.com/linux-info/pkglist/rhl-intel/tk-8.0.2-16.i386.html

tk-8.0.2-16 RPM for i386

 Provides
  libtk8.0.so

 Files
  /usr/lib/libtk8.0.so

> If you have installed them you should find them
> in either /usr/lib or /usr/X11R6/lib or similar.

  Yes. /usr/lib as above.

  So, should I copy?:

  libtcl8.0.so >> to >> libtc8.0.so.1
  libtk8.0.so  >> to >> libtk8.0.so.1

  Well, I'll try it anyways.

> Well, you could try, if your system is set up correctly (compiler,... )
> then it will work. You still have to have these libraries installed

  I didn't get very far with that.  I'll try the above first.

> BTW I am using Debian, which is hard to install for a newbie too ..

  Well, I'm felling less and less and newbie by the minute!

  Thanks for all of your suggestions.

  Michael