client server version

Guenter Geiger guenter.geiger at psp-vie.be.philips.com
Fri Dec 4 18:52:00 CET 1998

Yes, it is easy to get rid of the GUI by sending the messages from pd into
Nirvana.
The problem is, what we really want is a client server model and a communication
model that isn´t dependent from Tcl/Tk.
If I have more than one instance of Pd, I´d still like to control those
instances.
So, we need a GUI that makes it possible to control more than one pd, with less
communication
overhead than we have now ......... a major rewrite of this part, and it would
make it possible
to add GUI´s the way we like it (e.d Java)

Guenter