net send receive

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104nfs.UCSD.EDU
Wed Jan 27 18:08:41 CET 1999

>apparently pd uses tcp sockets for n-s/r and max uses udp.
it would be a big step "forward" if you could specify and use both
protocols on both sides (or at least the same ones ;)

I think it's a great idea to extend netsend/netreceive to offer udp
as well as tcp connections.  I'll probably try to add that capability
as part of a netsend/netreceive rewrite I have to do in the next 2 weeks or
so...

After the basic connection is worked out, there's still the question of getting
netsend/netreceive and the Max objects to format the data the same way.  Do
teh Max networking objects come with the Max release?

thanks
Miller