Possible Memory Leak in pd-linux-0.25TEST4.tar

Guenter Geiger guenter.geiger at psp-vie.be.philips.com
Thu Apr 1 10:35:11 CEST 1999

If you work with pd, I would suggest to fix the permissions.

"ls -la /dev/dsp" normally shows something like:

crw-rw----  1 root    audio   14,   3 Jul 21  1998  /dev/dsp

add yourself to the audio group, or do a "chmod 666 /dev/dsp".

You can get in serious trouble if you have a message loop in pd under root !!!!
(Well, that means machine hangs and reboot, fsck, ...)

Using pd under root is currently only advisable for patches which do run
reliably.
The whole priority issue should probably be fixed for SGI and Linux together.

Guenter