CD-ROM & more

Michal Seta mis at music.mcgill.ca
Wed Apr 21 17:45:24 CEST 1999

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Guenter Geiger wrote:

|> I also have a little concern...  PD seems to be still
|> consuming a lot CPU
|> when run in 44100 Hz mode (-ada).
|
|Only in ADA mode, right ?

yep.

|As always, standard answer no. 1, a driver problem.
|
|Which version of pd do you use ? Have all versions the same problem ?

I'm using 0.24.  And yes I always had this problem.  However, I experience
the same problem on a different machine (still linux) with an OPTi sound
card (which supposedly is 100% compatible with SoundBlaster...  but they
all are, aren't they...)

|But, hey I guess Miller has the same card, so you could probably team up :)

Maybe I will try that one soon.  I think that Miller got Alsa running with
this card.  I haven't attempted to retry the installation.

Miller:
any insight?

|> And I don't even want to look at the source code.  It'd give
|> me a headache
|> :)
|
|Luckily (?), you can´t look at the source of OSS/commercial :)

I meant pd code :)  I assumed maybe there was something wring with that...
whatever the case, I just don't want to look at codes :)

Thanks.

     ......   Michal Seta  ......