more reports from eastend

Guenter Geiger geiger at epy.co.at
Tue Jun 8 20:42:09 CEST 1999

est at hyperreal.org writes:
 > Guenter Geiger discourseth:
 > >  >
 > >  > |-< Best thing would be a sfwrite. Then use it on a named pipe and read
 > >  > |-< the pipe from any program you like.
 > >  > |-< --> I put it on a TODO list for my xternals.
 > >  >
 > >  > jodel!
 > >  >

 > >  don't jodel to early .. the TODO list is long ... :)
 >
 > Ahh..well fifo i/o for both midi and pcm are critical for me..if pd
 > proves as usable as I hope, I'll hack these in if you don't. :)

Yeah, .. shouldn't be too hard .. let me know if yiu have any success ..

 > In other new: my full-duplex problems of a couple of months ago are
 > gone now that I've upgraded to a 2.2.7 kernel.  Are there any non-GPL
 > restrictions on the use of your PCI128 driver patches?

 No, of course not, as I just made a patch, all my changes are
under the same restrictions as the original code was. (I wouldn't be
allowed to put any other licensing on them.)
I hope they will be included in the kernel sooner or later.

Guenter