Multiple definitions - templates & lists

36.zZw_zRtW.910.32 opt at web.fm
Fri Oct 8 15:53:05 CEST 1999

hehe

> I've got a few questions - tried to findem in the archive - no joy :(
>
> 1. is there any simple way of avoiding "multiply defined" type errors when
> using arrays within an abstraction?  eg. can each instance of an abstraction
> in a patch, have its own copy of an array named say "fred"?
>
> or will I perhaps need to devise some tricky way of appending a unique id to
> the name, renaming fred "fred-id" - then letting the other objects in the
> abstraction know the new name of the array in case they need to access?

use it like this in an abstraction:
table $1
then have your superwindow say:
pd myjodelabstract blub

then it should be tabread blub and stuff except that you can conneckt
tabread (+ others) directly into the table obj, so you dont need a name
at all.
hm, see atach patch,although maybe, the $1 subpatch feature doesnt appear
to really work in 0.27 of pd? (shouldnt the table bear the name 'blub' in
this case?)
also , wasnt there an example in the docs for this once?
(abstractions.pd?) there's only subpatch.pd but it doesnt show this
feature ..

> 2. are there any patch examples or info available outlining the concept of
> "templates"?

doc/7.stuff/data-structures/*
and see the 0.intro.tyxt its not shown with the *.pd filterered open box
..

uzgul.xo