ALSA version for pd-027 (compilation problems)

Karl MacMillan karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu
Tue Nov 2 15:23:00 CET 1999

Guenter Geiger wrote:

>  Please keep me updated about your efforts, I will work on that
>  when I have received my card, ...
>  BTW, what is the signal noise on the line input of this card ?
>  Is it acceptable ?
>
>  Guenter

Thanks for the info - I will let keep you updated.  The card that I have
is a bare bones Jaton ( I think I paid $12 for it ).  I bought it
expecting to upgrade to a "pro" card when one was well supported under
linux.  This card sounds great and has less noise than any other sound
card that I have used ( consumer cards ).  I understand that the chipset
supports s/pdif and quad analog out, but I have not seen a card that
implements this.

Karl

| Karl W. MacMillan                                 |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| Network and Telecommunications Services           |
| karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu                           |
| 410/659-8297                                      |