Pd problems under Linux

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.UCSD.Edu
Wed Dec 1 18:01:40 CET 1999

Hi Nick,

I get this behavior sometimes when trying to address certain OSS drivers.
The fix is to use "-frags 4" (for example) to force "old-style" FIFO
control in the audio driver.  Guenter has proposed a way Pd could detect the
problem without hanging but I haven't tried it yet.

cheers
Miller