Pd 0.30 test version for linux

Karl MacMillan karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu
Wed Mar 8 01:34:20 CET 2000

Miller,

In s_main.c the -blockmode and -queuesize messages are in the RME define
instead of the HAVE_ALSA define so they show up even if alsa support
isn't compiled in - line 202.  Also, pd doesn't compile without the RME
code.  Looks great other than that - the watchdog looks exciting though
I have only had pd lock up the machine once under realtime and I think
that was my fault.  Oh, do you mean to be distributing a gnu chess game
:) Are we going to see the gnuchess and PD file formats merge for
interactive chess composition?

Thanks,

Karl

Miller Puckette wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've folded in Karl's new ALSA code, and for synchronization purposes I'm
> putting out the result as "pd-030TEST-linux.tar.gz" in
> http://lena.ucsd.edu/~msp/Software
>
> I had trouble marging the two because Karl's indentation is different from
> mine; I preserved 4-space indentation in the OSS and RME code but kept
> Karl's in the ALSA part.
>
> I'm mystified about Guenter's report of socket() returing 1.  I don't
> know how stdout is getting closed but I think it really shouldn't be.  I'll
> test this tonight...
>
> also Mark Danks reports that close() doesn't undo the work of open_via_path
> on NT.  I'm mystified about that too but will try to track it down.
>
> cheers
> Miller

| Karl W. MacMillan                                 |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| Network and Telecommunications Services           |
| karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu                           |
| 410/659-8297                                      |