Problem starting pd 0.30 under linux

Richard Dobson rwd at cableinet.co.uk
Wed Apr 5 01:29:19 CEST 2000

I recently downloaded and built (without problems) pd 0.30, on my RH 6.0
system, which is currently running jMax. PD reports that it cannot find
'localhost', and queries if INET is unstalled. Well, from the startup
messages, it is (And I can run Netscape, etc, with no problems). My
hostname is not 'localhost' but IGOR, and that is what jMax knows about.
Changing to 'localhost' gives jmax problems, but still does not get pd
to run. Must be something simple, but I would appreciate being told what
it is! I want to keep IGOR, as 'localhost' is soooo boring. 'localhost'
never composed anything of note....

Richard Dobson

--
Test your DAW with my Soundcard Attrition Page!
http://wkweb5.cableinet.co.uk/rwd (LU: 17th September 1999)