video and gem

umläute zmoelnig at iem.mhsg.ac.at
Fri Apr 7 00:56:13 CEST 2000

hi mark !

currently I'm going quite mad trying to do my video-patch feat. gem
everything does quite well (although my sb-pci64 seems to have mixed up
my video-adapter (as you might remember : hercules 3dprophetddr-dvi) and
texturing a video on both a cylinder and a rectangle works fine (at
least it uses only 20%-30% of my cpu load), but
but
BUT:: after (let`s say) 3 hours or so the video-in stucks and there
appears a great execption-error that pd somehow hurt the kernel32.dll @
0137:bff9a3c0;
this looks to me like a memory leak or something ?
the very interesting thing is (which confuses me most) that pd and gem
both still run (my counters count and my geos move) and i can still
interact with them, although this f**d error message is hidden somewhere
behind my gem-window. This of course makes it hard to detect when
exactly the problems start.

since i have the very cheapest video-capture card that i could get
(hauppauge winTV primio; about 100$) this might be my problem; on the
other hand : has anyone done a long time installation with gem and video
before ? (long time meaning more than 3 hours; i would need it to run
about 6 months (although myabe i could reboot every night, but that
still would need to run for about 24hours);

any hints how i could solve my problem ?

mfg.ras.r
hannes