Pd on W98 -- beware

umläute zmoelnig at iem.mhsg.ac.at
Thu Apr 6 19:22:40 CEST 2000

s_medge wrote:

> pd: flags are:
> -r <srate>   -- specify sample rate
> -inchannels  -- number of audio input channels (0-8)
> -outchannels -- number of audio output channels (0-8)
> -audiobuf    -- specify size of audio buffer in msec
> -nodac       -- suppress audio output
> -noadc       -- suppress audio input
> -nosound     -- suppress audio input and output
> -nomidiout   -- suppress MIDI output
> -nomidiin    -- suppress MIDI input
> -nomidi      -- suppress MIDI input and output
> -path <path> -- add to file search path
> -open <file> -- open file(s) on startup
> -lib <file>  -- load object library(s)
> -font        -- specify default font size in points
> -verbose     -- extra printout on startup and when searching for files
> -d <n>       -- specify debug level

it seems, that the "-open <file>" now works

> -listdev          -- list audio and MIDI devices
> -soundindev <n>   -- specify audio input device number
> -soundoutdev <n>  -- specify audio output device number
> -midiindev <n>    -- specify MIDI input device number
> -midioutdev <n>   -- specify MIDI output device number
> -noresync         -- never resynchronize audio I/O

these flags are WIN-flags only !!!

on LINUX you get others like :
-realtime       -- realtime priority (superuser only)
-rt             -- alias for "-realtime"
-frags          -- specify number of audio fragments (defeats audiobuf)
-fragsize       -- specify audio fragment size

on LINUX/ALSA system you have additional
-alsa           -- use ALSA audio drivers
-blockmode      -- use ALSA block mode
-queuesize      -- set the queue size for the ALSA stream mode

or on LINUX/RME9652 systems you can use additional
-rme                    -- use RME 9652 audio drivers
-soundindev <n>         -- specify RME audio input device number
(counting from
1)
-soundoutdev <n>        -- specify RME audio output device number

but of course you get ALL the flags working on your system , when typing
"pd -fdsartsda", where "fdsartsda" is anything but NO flag.
(thanks miller, who finally updated the "-help" option to show the
actual flag-options (not those of pd-0.26 or so) ;-)

mfg,tsa,sdr
hannes