libtk8.0.so error when starting pd

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Sat Oct 14 22:04:43 CEST 2000

Hi Matthias,

I think Pd ought to have worked with TK8.3 with no problem... it's just
that the compiled program in teh release looks for 8.0...  it should have
been possible to replace 8.0 with 8.3 in the makefile and recompile.

However, I don't know how I can release a Pd binary that works on all
reasonable linux platforms if the name of the library keeps changing!
any ideas???  I may have to start making binary-less releases and make
everyone do the ./configure dance, but I'd really like to avoid this.