benefit of Low Latency patched kernel

Michael Lechasseur mlecha at music.mcgill.ca
Fri Nov 10 02:56:02 CET 2000

	I was able to patch the kernel once I had the proper instructions, thanks
to Karl.  I patched and it compiled fine.  What I would like to find is a
way to check if there is any benefit to running a low latency patched
kernel.  Although the topic of latency has come up now and again on the PD
list, I'm not sure how much of a benefit it offers to PD users.  I'm
guessing that it would be useful to people that are doing a lot of disk
reads and writes.