[GEM] pix_rtx

umläute zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Tue Jan 30 18:02:12 CET 2001

Jörg Dieß wrote:

> finally.
>
> was able to run the rtx-patch under win98. for about 1 minute before
> it crashed when i tried to open 'gwin 50 50'.
> jedenfalls, hut ab iohannes!
 replace the blöde gwin by a normal gemwin

> but. and this is a big but!
> what i saw was no tx-transformation in its original meaning (see:
> http://www.tx-transform.com/frame_e.htm -> Technique). as far as i
> understand this, tx-transform cannot be achieved in realtime since the
> flipping of space- and time-axis needs two finite values. in a movie the
> space is limited to its dimensions. but one cannot flip this finite value
> with the endless time of a live-video. one could only do it in portions
> consisting of n frames, where n is the width of the video in pixels.
> you would first have to capture n frames and then, while transforming and
> outputting the result, capturing the next n frames. the output would then
> always be delayed n frames.
>
> rite? (hope my english says what i mean).
yes, very rite

> what rtx does, seems to me like a delayed horizontal flipping of the video.
> may be that is what you meant with "...being *completely* different...".
??
might be right.
rtx, does something like tx-transforming each frame as it arrives
separately (so you get a video that consists of X frames of the size
1*Y) and then interpret this serie of 1 pixel wide frames as the columns
of a new video. (so the second column is delayed 1 frame with respect to
real tx-transform...)
"completely" is surely NO fake and only for legal reasons.

anyhow, there is kind of documentation on http://umlaeute.mur.at/rtx and
maybe in near future there will be really some documentation

> anyway. great!

danke für die rosen

> have u tried w2k?
> pd/gem runs much^3 faster on w2k than on w98 on my hardware.
maybe it runs even faster under linux ?? i only have win installed
because i have to
and then : w98 does not crash ...

> u> what do you exactly mean by "when i leave pd" ?
> u> actively leaving pd or being left by pd ?
> u> on my system, pd crashes too when leaving it (pe: via file/quit). i do
> u> not know the exact error-message, since it doesn't bother me (crashing
> u> on leaving)
> yes. i mean that one. just wanted to mention it.
since you are obviously using my compiled Gem it might be my fault.
still haven't found this

> only,
> joreg
>
> [wannabe]