PD help needed

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Thu Feb 1 01:06:41 CET 2001

Greetings:

  Okay, I now have PD working again, complete with sound, and it's
great. However, I can't get GEM loaded to save my soul. Here's what I do
& get :

  [dlphilp at localhost bin]$ ./pd -frags 128 -lib
/home/dlphilp/gem-0.84/Gem.pd_linux
  successfully opened /dev/dsp write-only
  successfully reopened /dev/dsp read/write
  OSS: Could not set fragment size
  /home/dlphilp/gem-0.84/Gem.pd_linux: can't load library

I use the -frags setting in order to avoid DIO errors. I'm using the
ALSA 0.5.9b driver for my SBLive, if that makes a difference. PD doesn't
seem to mind whatever I set frags to, and the audio output is nice and
smooth.

So how do I go about finding what's wrong with my GEM object ?

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

	The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net