dsp buffers 2

Karl MacMillan karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu
Thu Mar 1 20:03:24 CET 2001

Tom,

I didn't answer this before because I wasn't certain, but maybe a wrong
answer from me will prompt someone to correct me :)  As far as I know you
cannot force separate input and output buffers.  This is not normally a
problem, though - what are you implementing?

Karl

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Tom Schouten wrote:

> hi,
>
> to complete my query: is there any way to ensure that the input and output
> buffers of a dsp routine are different to avoid te use of an extra buffer
> inside the patch for algos that can't be implemented 'left to right'
> (i.e a permutation)?
>
> tom

| Karl W. MacMillan                                 |
| Computer Music Department                         |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu                           |
| www.peabody.jhu.edu/~karlmac                      |