[PD] Changing default font size

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Wed May 30 19:18:53 CEST 2001

HI all,

Well, the font situation in Pd is miserable... screen dimensions of patches
are in pixels, so Pd looks around for fonts to fit within limiting pixel
sizes.  Rigth now, "12 point" actually means "the largest font I could
find not exceeding 16 pixels high".  Apparently I have to check also that
the width doesn't exceed some appropriate limit too; I'll fix this and
see if it's any better.

About getting a nicer selection of fonts in general, I wish I knew how to
do it in a way that will work on arbitrary displays.  On my machine
"courier" works way better than "fixed".  If worst comes to worst I might
have to invent some font selection dialogue...

cheers
Miller