[PD] framp~ -- a phase vocoder ?

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Wed Jun 6 19:51:16 CEST 2001

Guenter's right... I completely forgot I ever wrote that (I ended up finding
a cleaner way to do phase vocoder proper but framp~ might still be
very useful for something else...)

The input should be an UNWINDOWED fft; the outputs give the frequencies
(in Hz.) and the linear amplitudes measured for each channel of the FFT.

To resynthesize, I think you multiply the frequency by the hop size in seconds
to get phase change; then update teh phase of the output by rotating by
the phase change (complex-multiply by exp(i * phasechange))...  but I don't
think I ever tested this idea out...

cheers
Miller