[PD] Running Gem with Linux

guenter geiger geiger at epy.co.at
Sun Jul 1 21:50:03 CEST 2001

Hi Rory,

One *can* run GEM on Linux, if you had a Debian distribution it would be
as easy as installing the package, otherwise you have .. you already
guessed it .. to compile it yourself.

Compiling GEM on Linux is a really advanced task. Even for advanced Linux
users. So I guess you don't want to do it.

Anyhow if you still want to try,
ftp://xdv.org/pub/gige/gem/gem-0.84-6.tar.gz

within that look into the
 GEM.LINUX
or
 src/Gnu/README.build
files.

I will be away next week, so I can't really help you, .. during that time.

Guenter