[PD] [again] alsa, 2.4.x, rme-hammerfall

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Mon Jul 2 14:57:23 CEST 2001

hi all!

being a little bit distressed, i want to come back to an old favourite
theme:
how do i get the rme-9652 (hammerfall) make work on a kernel-2.4.5 system.

alsa-0.9+0beta4-5 does support the rme and everything works fine (using
aplay) as long as i do not want to use pd (neither plug: nor hw:)
as wini indicated (in the midst of june) it works very fine with the
rme96/8-PST, but not at all with the hammerfall (if you want i can send
you various "pd -verbose" screendumps)
funny, at least for me, is that pd seems to recognize only 14 channels
(although they will crash pd too)

which possible solutions are there ?
1. downgrade to 2.2.x (which i would like to avoid because of my reiserfs)
2. use günters rme-96xx-drivers; does pd support these knew drivers
already ? do i have to hack the pd sources ?

i remember that wini mentioned that he has made it working. how ?

mfg.casd.sdt
IOhannes