[PD] [again] alsa, 2.4.x, rme-hammerfall

guenter geiger geiger at epy.co.at
Thu Jul 5 13:32:32 CEST 2001

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Johannes M Zmoelnig wrote:

> hi all!
>
> being a little bit distressed, i want to come back to an old favourite
> theme:
> how do i get the rme-9652 (hammerfall) make work on a kernel-2.4.5 system.
>
> alsa-0.9+0beta4-5 does support the rme and everything works fine (using
> aplay) as long as i do not want to use pd (neither plug: nor hw:)
> as wini indicated (in the midst of june) it works very fine with the
> rme96/8-PST, but not at all with the hammerfall (if you want i can send
> you various "pd -verbose" screendumps)
> funny, at least for me, is that pd seems to recognize only 14 channels
> (although they will crash pd too)
>
> which possible solutions are there ?
> 1. downgrade to 2.2.x (which i would like to avoid because of my reiserfs)
> 2. use günters rme-96xx-drivers; does pd support these knew drivers
> already ? do i have to hack the pd sources ?

my driver works with pd without hacking, but only in "emulation" mode,
which is not the fastest version. (You have to wait for Miller to tell you
more about this).
I do have a native mode version though, which should be lying arounf
somewhere on my ftp site, (if there is a file called s_linux_blocked, you
have the right version).

I am not able to check right now, because I am on holiday too.

Guenter