[PD] Serial Interface comport for NT and Linux

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.kug.ac.at
Thu Jul 5 17:11:24 CEST 2001

Since we somebody asked, I have updated the comport external (serial
interface) now that it works on Linux and NT.

See: http://iem.kug.ac.at/pdwiki/index.php?ComPort
	  http://iem.kug.ac.at/ritsch/programmier/pd_externals/

Needed help:

Since I am no W!nd!ws-Guru: There is in the VC-Help mentioned that
using this kind of ReadFile(...) function could block. Since I set
the timeouts to zero it works ok on my machines. I have tried the
Eventhandler-Wait-Stuff but didnt succeed with that.

So PLEASE W!nd!ws-Gurus out there have a look at the code and correct
it, if needed and send me a note (ritsch at iem.kug.ac.at).
		 ...thanx in advance

mfg winfried