[PD] sort of off topic_ better coding

nullpointer nullpointer at odessadesign.co.uk
Mon Jul 16 21:45:39 CEST 2001

Hi All,

I sent a mail similar to this a while ago but to no response.
so I will try again..
I know this is sort of off topic but I am attempting to write audio
synthesis programs with the intention of linking them to pd.
I am very interested in tips on how to optomise code to allow for the
cpu to spend its time working on the audio generation/processing rather
than irrelevent operations.. I work on the windows platform mainly and use
c/c++.
Does anyone have any pointers that could help me e.t.c.
Thinkgs like c or c++ (which is better for audio apps)
How to deal with audio output (frame by frame at the sampling rate with
interrupts or in chunks?). Anyway any advice/sites/lists would be great...

thanks in advance.
/0

http://www.nullpointer.co.uk
http://www.dividebyzero.org
C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT
C:\REM [Header]
C:\>
C:\>PATH=C:\PERL\BIN;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;\C:jdk1.2.2\bin

(all suffixes enabled)