[PD] full duplex in redhat 7.1 and OSS

mirko at petrovich.net mirko at petrovich.net
Tue Jul 17 13:05:22 CEST 2001

Hi list,

I think this is a newbie question but I didn't found any answer in the list.
My problem is that I can't do full duplex in pd 0.33 with OSS drivers.When I run pd I get :

/dev/dsp/ (readonly): Device or resource busy
input channels = 0, output channels = 2

If I run with -nodac
I get:

input channels = 2, output channels = 0
OSS: issuing first ADC 'read' ... ...done.

This happens with redhat 7.1, kernel 2.4.2 and audio card es1371.
I think it is not due to OSS because I'm running jMax without this problem, and full duplex used to work for me in pd 0.30 with redhat 6.1, kernel 2.2.12.

The same thing happens with midi.

Should I try with ALSA?
May somebody help me please?

Gracias