[PD] can one osc~ read several partials?

Michal Seta mis at music.mcgill.ca
Fri Aug 10 19:49:03 CEST 2001

Well, if you're looking for a function similar to gen10 in Csound then
you've got it in pd, too.  Look into the array help patches (I'm not at my
Linux box right now so can't tell you exactly which) and you'll see you can
send an array a message along the lines of 'sinusoid' with a bunch of
parameters specifying how many of partials and their strengths.  There you
get a complex additive synthesis-like waveform for use with tabosc~ (again)
but at least you can control the partials.  Then, of course, you can change
your waveforms on the fly as needed.

Hope this helps.

./MiS