[PD] [gogins at pipeline.com: Re: [Csnd] Csound vs PD]

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Thu Aug 16 13:15:35 CEST 2001

hi,

has anybody wondered if having just the opposite to what Michael Gogins
wanted, ie. the possibility of faster than real-time rendering, would be
worth making a simple, small and localized addition to m_scheduler()
function.  Like changing its nodacs flag-argument into a more general
'time_source' enum-argument, and providing a case of moving time forward
as soon as all computations are done.  But maybe nobody will ever use Pd
in batch processing...

Krzysztof

Frank Barknecht wrote:
[...]
> From: gogins at pipeline.com
[...]
> What I meant is "out of real time." In other words, if there are too many instruments running to work in real time, so that a performance would experience dropouts, the performance can still be saved as a soundfile without dropouts, even if it takes, for exmaple, ten minutes to render a 2 minute piece.
[...]

%%%%%
% actually this one was then answered on Csound list:

[...]