[PD] Equalizer

Álvaro Castro alvcastro at yahoo.es
Tue Aug 28 02:42:12 CEST 2001

Hi all!!

Some days ago I posted an e-mail asking for help for
building an equalizer. I didn't get many help, that's
the reason I write again. If I'm writing to the wrong
list, please tell me.
I just want to know the basics of an equalizer so I
can start working. As you see, I'm a beginner, but I
don't know how to start.

I choosed to learn PD instead of other sound programs
or programming languages because I thought it was very
powerful and not very difficult to learn.
But when I started working with PD I discovered that
one of the most important things for me (the low and
high pass filters) don't work very powerfully. I tried
filtering a sample and I realized that the filters
didn't cut TOTALLY the frequencies they just decreased
the amplitude a little bit.

Finally, I would like to know what's the best way to
work with pure (or almost pure) frecuencies. That's
the reason I want to build an equalizer. I would like
to add, increase, delete or decrease specific
frecuencies. Is that posible with Pure-data??

Thank you very much for your time!
I will appreciate any answer, because I don't know
what to do now!!