[PD] "-path" and subdirs

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Wed Aug 29 15:17:33 CEST 2001

hi,

you can always prepend any subdirectory name or names to abstraction
or external name in an object box.  If, for example, there is a search
-path `~/my-abs' to the main directory for abstractions and in this
main directory there are subdirectories, say, `nice' and 'nasty', and
there is an abstraction `noises.pd' in `~/my-abs/nice/', then simply
write [nice/noises].  If there is another `noises.pd' file in
`~/my-abs/nasty/', then to load this version write [nasty/noises].

The same goes for externals, but with one exception: loading
[nice/noises] extern registers the `noises' symbol as a valid class
name, and then you can write abreviated [noises], which will always
mean [nice/noises] even if later on you create a different
[nasty/noises] external object.

Krzysztof