[Csnd] [max-msp] Csound instruments translated to Max/MSP

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 30 20:07:44 CEST 2001

Hi all,

THe best way to get files beteween Pd and Max is to save them as
text files (this i an option in Max's save dialog), and then open
them in Pd as ".pat" files.  Pd interprets ".pat" to mean "import me from
Max".

THe first time watch for error messages about "gate" and other Max objects
that don't exist under Pd; make abstractions to stand in for them and reload
the patch again.

Screen spacing will be just horrible.

I've done this with a couple of large patches and survived the experience...

cheers
Miller