[PD] Pd 043test8 and Alsa 0.9beta7 incompatible?

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Sun Sep 2 01:13:06 CEST 2001

Hi again,

well, I heard that Pd 034test7 doesn't work with Alsa 0.9 beta 7 (the
latest version.)  So I tried to load alsa0.9b7 on my RedHat 7.1 machine,
and presto, Alsa "lib" won't compile!  There's already a bug report on the
Alsa bug tracker about this.

So anyway, there's no way I can fix Pd to work with the newest Alsa unless
I go install Suse or Debian on my machine (which I'm afraid to try)...
can anyone else figure out what's wrong between Pd and Alsa?

thanks
Miller