[PD] Can't get PD/RME9652 even close to working

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Sun Sep 2 01:07:22 CEST 2001

HI Nick,

Well, "pd -rme" and "./configure  --enable-rme" are both to use Ritch's
driver.  But "rme96xx" Is Guenter Geiger's newer, OSS driver for RME.
Therefore you don't have to flag ./configure and the correct invocation is
indeed "pd -inchannels 8 -outchannels 8"..

I'm grasping at straws here, but are you sure the es1371 module was
loaded _after_ the rme96xx one?  Otherwise Pd is trying to open your
es1371.  Perhaps there's some reason it can't do 8 channels that way.

Even if not, what does just "pd" do?

bon courage,
Miller