[PD] Midi and Linux

Nano Rosas nanorosas at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 5 04:56:54 CEST 2001

The kmidi aplication plays midi files fine.
But one "midi and karaoke player" refuse to work telling
-cant open the /dev/secuencer file, maybe its used by other appl-
By the way, im current running a pIII with mandrake 8.0,
and a soundblaster live!value. Linux seem to use
some kind of emulator to handle it, called EMU1000, and
a kernel module named snd-card-emu10k1.
The thing that maibe is bothering is that when i go to the
KDE-sound-midi configuration, it ask what device i'd like to
use, but don't show any.
please help
and thanks for the ocupation