[PD] Student looking for some PD advice

Josh Tonsfeldt joshtonsfeldt at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 6 19:23:34 CEST 2001

I am a student at SUNY Purchase, taking a sound art course under Liz
Phillips this semester, and I am interested in learning my way around PD for
use in some projects.  Can anyone point me to some good tutorials or
information on learning PD?  I have read through most of the documentation
that comes with the program, but I am still kind of lost.  This type of
software environment is pretty new to me, and I know there is a steep
learning curve, but I think it will be well worth my time and effort to
become comfortable with the program.  If anyone has any advice or comments,
I would greatly appreciate them.  Max/MSP, PD, and the like have not, as far
as I know, ever been instructed or used at my school; so, by learning more
about this program I will also be introducing it to many other students and
instructors who could benefit from PD.

Thanks,

Josh Tonsfeldt