[PD] thoughts about iemlib

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Tue Sep 11 17:30:55 CEST 2001

Joseph A. Sarlo hat gesagt: // Joseph A. Sarlo wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> > [and I don't think that putting the gui kinda outside of pd like in
> > gripd is a real solution to the problem]
>
> Why not? I'm not being argumentative, I'm just curious as to your, and
> others' thoughts on the matter.

I like gripd, that was not what I meant. But gripd IMO fills another niche:
it allows one to build "performance patches" like in Reaktor, where only
the important things are visible.

I like those GUI thingies in PD because they help me build patches and
keep them clean.

A simple example is [tgl].  Without [tgl] I need one [1( and one [0( to
control a [metro] and I don't see at one glance if the [metro] is on or
off. With one [tgl] instead I do.

Also colors in PD patches help me finding my way.

Ciao,
--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______