[PD] harddisc activity blocks sound playback - solved!

Norbert Math math at iem.kug.ac.at
Thu Sep 13 18:27:54 CEST 2001

hello,
first i want to thank you for the suggestions!

i got the problem near to solved by increasing the
buffersize as guenter suggested.

pd 0.34.2,  s_linux.c, near line 666:

   if (linux_fragsize)
           /*   post("warning: overiding blocksize to 64!");
            linux_fragsize = 64; */
              post("hack: warning: overiding blocksize to 1024!");
            linux_fragsize = 1024;
        }

i still get loops sometimes - they sound lovlier now :-) but i can
rearrange the pd patch o avoid them.
on the long run i consider to apply the low-latency kernel patches.
(demudi will come with them, i guess?)

thank you all again
norbert