[PD] externals | dll's

David Casal d.casal at ntlworld.com
Sat Sep 15 21:41:31 CEST 2001

Hello All,

It's hard to post about things like dll compilation in times like
these...deepest sympathy to all affected.

Reading IOhannes's tutorial (Zmoelnig is THE MAN!), I'm trying to compile
'hello_world' as a dll. I'm using mingw in win2k; after saving hello_world.c
and compiling with [gcc -c hello_world.c],  there's no problem. Still no
problem when I give it [gcc -c -DBUILD_DLL hello_world.c]. So far so good,
but when I call dllwrap with:

dllwrap --output-lib=libtstdll.a --dllname=hello_world.dll --driver-name=gcc
hello_world.o

I get:

dllwrap: no export definition file provided
dllwrap: creating one, but that may not be what you want

Anyone help? Is --output-lib=libtstdll.a the wrong thing?

Thanks,

David Casal  ¬  d.casal at uea.ac.uk
http://ariada.uea.ac.uk/~dcasal
ARTWORLD Project