[PD] externals | dll's

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Sun Sep 16 02:05:44 CEST 2001

> 'hello_world' as a dll. I'm using mingw in win2k; after saving hello_world.c
> and compiling with [gcc -c hello_world.c],  there's no problem. Still no
> problem when I give it [gcc -c -DBUILD_DLL hello_world.c]. So far so good,
> but when I call dllwrap with:
> dllwrap --output-lib=libtstdll.a --dllname=hello_world.dll --driver-name=gcc
> hello_world.o
> I get:
> dllwrap: no export definition file provided
> dllwrap: creating one, but that may not be what you want
> Anyone help? Is --output-lib=libtstdll.a the wrong thing?

hi !
unfortunately i have no idea how to handle gcc under win2k.
anyhow, you have to export the helloworld_setup() symbol to make it work.

however, i see the need to add a chapter to the HOWTO, where compailing
issues are handled.

in the meantime i can only advise you to check the makefiles that come
with pd (there are makefiles for various platforms in the pd/extra/*/
directories) and create your own.
i hope you will get it running soon. i would be glad if you could inform
me on any proceedings you make, so i can include them in the
compilation-howto.

all the luck

mfg.cds.sdat
IOhannes