self-modifying abstractions

pix pix at test.at
Tue Sep 25 11:53:40 CEST 2001

wow, i just found myself asking almost the same question earlier this
year, on this list *slap*.

okay, so miller writes:
> If you name a subpatch "fred" for instance, you can send messages to
> "pd-fred". I've used it to add text comments to windows automatically,
> but in principle you should be able to do anything that appears in a
saved
> Pd file (adding and connecting objects).

the problem here is that if you have two abstractions called fred, the
actions appear to happen to both of them (i've just been playing with the
selectall at the moment), which makes it a little less useful than i had
first imagined.

is this something that can be avoided?

pix.